6600GT on BF2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Counter-Strike

Daemon Poster
Can anyone tell me what average FPS the 6600GT gets on BF2? I'm not talking 1024x768 with 16x AA and crap like that, just anywhere from medium to low settings, I just want to be able to play it. While we're on the subject, could I play BF2 decenly with these specs:

AMD 3000+ Sckt 939 Venice
1GB Corsair ValueRAM PC3200
eVGA PCI-E 16x 6600GT

Since the 3000's frequency is 1.8 Ghz does that mean BF2 will run slower, or does that mean it will perform equal to Intel's 3.0 Ghz?

Thanks!

the processor runs comparable to intel's 3.0 ghz...its because of the shorter pipelines (right word?) that allow it to the same info in less time or something :) i've been out of this awhile

you'll be able to run BF2 fine at medium settings with high fps...and probably on high settings at a decent fps too...just bought a system almost identical to yours yesterday

Ya, I play fine and your amd is much better for gaming than my Pentium. Just turn down dynamic light and the other lighting; otherwise I have it at 1280x1024 and everything else high. AA at 4x. Also I pick a low ping game and shut down all other background programs which I'm sure you already know to do...enjoy!

AMD will easily outpeform a 3.0GHZ intel at BF2

And my 6600GT runs BF2 fine at 1024x768 on high settings except shadows and lighting

would a 9800 pro *128 mb agp * with an venice 3000+ 1 gig of ozc ram work?

i really dont care if all the settings arent on high

and venice 3000+ > intel p4 3.0 w/ HTT? are you serious
cause the p4 are like >200 dollars and the amd are only <200 dollars i cant bELIEVE THIS

i been with INTEL all my life, and now im jsut switching to AMD, i wish i switched earlier, ALL THE WASTED GAMING YEARS. SO MUCH LAG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom