Under powered gpu

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoisonPorkchop

Daemon Poster
Ive been having problems with my 6600gt and i have decided its a combination of 2 problems. My gpu isnt getting enough power, and its getting too hot. I have the aerocool jetmaster, and i need to buy new fans because its as loud as a vacuum. also, what is a good power supply to power my pc? specs in sig. Thanks!

sorry you grouch. jk. Sorry i was in a hurry. besides i dont know much. I havent checked the temp on the card yet. What are the normal operating temps? ill check tomorrow. also, i dont know how to check temps so im gonna use a temp gun. where should i point it? and when should i check them? during something like aquamark 3d? i know i just asked alot but thanks

If you have a 550W PSU, even by a crappy brand like rosewill, power is not the issue.

PoisonPorkchop said:
sorry you grouch. jk. Sorry i was in a hurry. besides i dont know much. I havent checked the temp on the card yet. What are the normal operating temps? ill check tomorrow. also, i dont know how to check temps so im gonna use a temp gun. where should i point it? and when should i check them? during something like aquamark 3d? i know i just asked alot but thanks

Go to control panel, click display, then click the tab 'Settings'. Hit the button 'Advanced'. Then click the Tab in the new window that lists the brand of your Video Card (ex GeForce 6800 GT). In the new thing that appears on the left, select 'Temperature settings'. This will give your GPU temp at the moment, although it isn't stressed, we should be able to tell if heat is an issue by what the value is.

People here know programs to record temps during games, I don't...hopefully they will post...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom