Geforce FX 5200 or 5600?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manhuntkotor

In Runtime
It is PCI format. I know pci sucks but i aint got the money to upgrade my system right now. I also heard the Radeon 9250 is good but it doesnt support DX 9. Thoughts?

DX9 support will make no difference on PCI, because any games that use it will be to slow. Also, don't get a 256mb PCI card because that actually boggs the PCI bus down and makes it even slower. Get 128MB 9250 if you can.

No it doesnt have an AGP slot. I wish it did. Its a Dell Dimension 2400. Our family uses it and my parents see no need in buying a new one. So will the 9250 at least play san andreas and half life 2? I dont want ultra settings and max draw distance. Low is good enough for me.

Could you find me a cheap mobo that supports: Intel Pentium 4 2.66 ghz, Pc 2700 ram, and at least AGP 4x. I am just going to take stuff out of my parents current system and put it in the new mobo, will that work?

Manhuntkotor said:
Could you find me a cheap mobo that supports: Intel Pentium 4 2.66 ghz, Pc 2700 ram, and at least AGP 4x. I am just going to take stuff out of my parents current system and put it in the new mobo, will that work?

It may work but I know some companies make propietary components.

dell makes proprietory mobo's (and psu's, and ram, and cases, etc) so you won't be abl to just buy a new one and put your current parts on it. save some money up for a new pc if it's that important to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom