modem drivers for dell dimension win98 computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrtigre

Solid State Member
hello to all;
I was told by my isp that I needed to upgrade the driver for my intel(r)537 datafax voice v.92 modem. the question(s) that I needed answered are as follows:

1.) what is the difference between
intel(r)537 datafax voice v.92 modem drivers
and
intel(r)537 HAM datafax voice v.92 modem drivers?

2.) what is a modem Chipset and do I also need to UPGRADE download THAT AS WELL?

3.) Can you tell me where is the best place to get drivers for this particular intel modem on the web? It seems that intel doesn't actually make modems and all they offer is a generic driver.? Can I use the HAM modem driver just as well?
Thank you ahead of time....Don rago

shawn;
you know shawn, you're right about that. When I tried to talk to Dell, they referred to a "HAWK" model as the one that was originally installed. I guess I must have at one point changed the modem. But I just can't find any info/cd relating to the drivers that were loaded at that time. when I look at the hardware configuration (properties under my computer icon) it refers to the INTEL modem mentioned and tells me that the drivers are working properly. but I need to see if there is a more up to date version of them in order to comply to my isp request

shawn;
both drivers are for a v.90 (not v.92) as my modem is. I need a v.92 because it allows me to also handle incomming calls on the same telephone line. Both refer to a "CHIPSET" I have a feeling that that is a Generic modem driver that may or may not totally function correctly on my modem. is this right? when I was trying to find the correct driver, I saw intel 537 chipset driver and intel 537 ham driver and intel 537 drivers for the datafax voice v.92 modem. do you know which type I should be looking for?
thanks Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom