question on ram type for my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

zycon

Solid State Member
look at my signature to see what it is, is it compatible with ddr type ram? if not then with what??

Have a look at my Guide on how to find out what hardware you have that is in my sig.

Use my steps there to find out what speed of RAM your computer has (ie: PC3200, PC2700, PC2100).

Regardless, it wont be higher than PC3200. Often, PC3200 is easier to find and sometimes cheaper than slower RAM. PC3200 will work on most any system that uses PC2700 or PC2100 RAM, but not vise versa.

go on crucial.com and use their ram finder and hit the scan my system now. and it will tell you what ram is compatible with your system

More than likely a system like that will use PC2700, but it could use PC3200. Like what was stated above, PC3200 will work in any computer that takes PC2700 or PC2100. PC2700 is usually a bit cheaper in the retail stores. Its SDR PC100 RAM thats super expensive. Also, you might want to check and see if your RAM is proprietary. For a while, Dell was using proprietary RAM so you would have to order from them.

you always dont have to get the exact speed, cause if your looking for older ram you might as well get ram that is cheaper and its faster, for less money, so if yuor looking for pc2100 you can get pc3200 cheaper then pc2100 cause its harder to finD*just an example*

and is their a reason why,i found that my comp only has 510mb of ram while doing a diagnosis (dxdiag)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom