Intelligent ? About Intel/AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rouen

In Runtime
I know that there will be this never ending debate about who is better, AMD or Intel. However, lets ask a more reasonable question.

Why would Intel be better for multitasking then AMD?

Why is AMD better for gaming?

In those two questions, can someone explain maybe the architecual (misspelled i know) reasons for each question? I'm not about about overclockability/voltages. I'm making references to the chips itself.

By dividing this subject, you can conclude that one CPU manufacturer is better a CPU for designed to excel at one type of task, and the same thing for the other manufacturer.

(This is off the subject, but I heard AMD is sueing Intel, something about an anti trust fund, accusing Intel of using its big size to get computer manufactures like Dell and HP to use them. AMD has lost alot of lawsuits like this one, wonder if they will lose this too....)

Since this is a question that isn't answered in the sticky, I'll leave it open, however as always step out of line here and appropriate action will be taken immediately.

Wow, I just typed out a really long reply but hit the silly reset form button, so someone else can answer, I'll get back to you when I feel like typing it out again

Ah, and this is better suited for hardware

the cache is one good reason that intel is good for multiasking and amd dont have to much cache also intel runs at a highter clock speed. AMD will be able to run one thing better than 2 things like a game and amd is 64 bit thats twice the amount of somehing its not info its like threads or something but since no one uses 64 bit applications its kinda usless right now
thats my opinion to all u amd fan boys
INTEL RULEZ FOREVER!!!!!!!

Yes but Intel has crappy FSB, I mean AMD is using 1Ghz and 2Ghz FSB's while Intel is stuck at that dam 800Mhz.

Also have you noticed that AMD operates at lower frequency but can outperform Intel like no other? ;) AMD also has better dual core processors IMO.

In short terms, AMD uses lower multiplier but higher FSB and cache sizes, overall giving a better processor.

amd is 64 bit thats twice the amount of somehing its not info its like threads or something

AMD 64 CPUs are able to run 64-bit OSes (with apps and drivers). I think you have multithreading mixed up with being able to run 64bit apps, somehow :confused:

INTEL RULEZ FOREVER!!!!!!!

I think thats what gaara was referred to as stepping out of line.

Also have you noticed that AMD operates at lower frequency but can outperform Intel like no other?

What makes you say that? Is there any reasoning behind that? When making a bold comment as such, I recommend giving a link to a benchmark. Just saying that AMD is better than Intel is fanboyism.

AMD also has better dual core processors IMO.

And you have used how many Dual Cores from both Intel and AMD?

I can really see this thread getting stupid...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom