Some questions on liquid cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to roughly have an idea of where everything is going. Before you mount ANYTHING you have to be sure that the hoses will be routed nicely, no kinks, and no sharp curves. You want nice gradual curves on the tubing, and as little tubing as posssible to decrease resistance and increase watrer flow.

With your heatercore, I made this mistake on mine, when mounting the fans make sure there is a little bit of space between the face of the fan and the heatercore. You will get better air pressure, resulting in more air flow. You could also get a quiter operation, but that is left to argument. You also cant rely on your fans and your pumps to produce all the noise. There are other noises, such as noise of air going through the heatercore, going through the case, airflow does in fact make noise.

uzi9mm said:
They have some water cooling solutions that almost the whole thing is on the outside of the case.

Here is a zalman reserator
reserator1_c_p.jpg

sweet! i want one!! :) they are 202 on newegg though, is that overpriced?:confused: oh, and would it be wise to use that to cool your CPU and your VGA or is that too much?

That Zalman Reserator is disgusting. Why in the world would you want such a big addon? It's completely unnecessary, and the advantages are probably beyond miniscule.

Don't bother buying a water cooling kit. It's like buying a Dell. Buy the best of each part, safe cash, get what you need.

Don't bother buying a water cooling kit. It's like buying a Dell
Perfect analogy and so very true.

I've got the bigwater kit with an extra radiator to boot, and it didn't perform as good as my SLK-900A heatsink with an 80mm tornado on it.

Was trying to sell that bigwater for quite some time as well...then was just gonna use it to cool a peltier and see how far my XP-M would go....god knows when I'll get around to doing that though

I had a Thermaltake Aquarius II, and I got about 107ºF idle. Wjho knows what I go loaded, I never checked that.

You wont save any money buying all the parts seperately when you first do it, but the things you will save are invaluable. The klnowledge, and if you try to overclock, it will cool MUCH better and be less apt to frying any parts due to high heat.

I was thinkng of using my Thermaltake to cool my chipset, wouldnt hurt, and it would look cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom