In Runtime
how's this look??
CPU: AMD 3700+ San Diego
Mobo: Abit FAtal1ty SLI
Ram: OSZ Platinum Rev. 2 (2x512mb)
Gfx Card: XFX 7800GTX
PSU: Silverstone Zeus 650w
Case: Thermaltake Armor Black
Optical Drive: NEC sumthin (dvd nd alot of other stuff)
Hard Drive: Maxtor Maxline 3 250gb 16mb cache
Monitor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16824116229
Keyboard: Ideazon Zboard
Mouse: Razor Diamondback Salamander
Headset: Icemat Black Syberia

Heyyo,

Holy smokes! a rich one aren't ya eh? :)

For the cpu, try to get the venice core if you can it's the latest.

abit mobo's are pretty good so that mobo should work fine. Note this one only has 2 norm pci card slots... so you won't be able to fit a lot of pci stuff like firewire cards or extra usb ports. you could always get a pcie soundcard, so that's not a problem but the intergrated sound for this mobo should be plenty fine.

Now, for graphics cards? hmm, I remember someone saying 2 6800 gt sli's are cheaper and run slightly better than the 7800GTX.. but that would probably only be for games that support sli, so I say the 7800GTX should be sweet.

I havn't heard of silverstone psu's, so I'm not too sure if they're good or not.. gonna have to wait for someone else.

NEC makes pretty decent drives. I say better than LG, that's for sure.

maxtor's do make some decent mid-range hd's I'm sure these top of the line ones should be very stable. otherwise rma and get western digital or seagate.

monitor's good viewsonic and samsung are my 2 fav crt monitor makers.

now, the Zboards.. I think they're a cool concept, but not ergonomic, and buttons are quire spaced out. I think of this keyboard as a trainer keyboard more than a pro-gamers keyboard myself. I like having all my buttons close together. If I were you I'd get like a Logitech Elite keyboard. They pwn, I'mma get one someday once I'mma computer tech n' get store discounts. :)

that mouse is one of the 2 bests out there. This and the Logitec mx1000 are insanely good. I have an mx1000 so I can say it's worth it for that one, havn't used razor mouse yet, I know a few other people on the forums have, and they say they're good. I think their newest mouse is called "plasma" which uses an infared lazer wich is damn precise.

that headset looks like teh smex man. The frequency range is huge, 18Hz on the low side for headsets is one of (if not) the best frequency responses I've seen.

im not really rich, just workin all summer to afford this bad boy...
for the gfx card either way im gonna get 1 card for awile nd then get the second so SLI isnt a factor until later but 2 7800's wuld be PRETTY :D!
even tho the venice is the newest, is it the best???
wuld the asus a8n deluxe be better than the abit? i kind of want a theme for my comp nd the red leds on the fatal1ty board wuld throw it off (if not the asus wut about the msi neo plat 2)?

Stick with the San Diego, it has a bigger L2 cache, pretty much the only difference. I also don't think Venice is the newest one, I am pretty sure San Diego came out after Venice

ThE_MarD[/i] [b]For the cpu said:
hmm, I remember someone saying 2 6800 gt sli's are cheaper and run slightly better than the 7800GTX.. but that would probably only be for games that support sli, so I say the 7800GTX should be sweet.
No.

Get a single 7800 GTX. It outperforms to 6800 Ultras in SLI by a good distance. It's also much cheaper than buying two of the Ultras.

ThE_MarD said:
I havn't heard of silverstone psu's, so I'm not too sure if they're good or not.. gonna have to wait for someone else.
Silverstone makes some of the best power supplies.

angryOGG said:
wuld the asus a8n deluxe be better than the abit? i kind of want a theme for my comp nd the red leds on the fatal1ty board wuld throw it off (if not the asus wut about the msi neo plat 2)?
The word seems to be that asus motherboards are damn lousy. If you're going to go all out, I'd go with a DFI just for the sake of overclocking, but don't bother unless you really know how to overclock and won't be using stock cooling.

MSI's K8N Neo4 Platinum is actually a really good board. It received outstanding reviews for its stability and ease of use. I own the SLI version, and I couldn't be more satisfied. The one disappointment I have with it is the lack of options in the bios which are obviously found in that DFI. Then again, all of those options are useless if you have no idea what they mean.

Making a decision on a board based upon color could perhaps be one of the dumbest ways to go. If the LED is melting to your brain, remove it or cover it up.

ThE_MarD said:
Heyyo,

Holy smokes! a rich one aren't ya eh? :)

For the cpu, try to get the venice core if you can it's the latest.

abit mobo's are pretty good so that mobo should work fine. Note this one only has 2 norm pci card slots... so you won't be able to fit a lot of pci stuff like firewire cards or extra usb ports. you could always get a pcie soundcard, so that's not a problem but the intergrated sound for this mobo should be plenty fine.

Now, for graphics cards? hmm, I remember someone saying 2 6800 gt sli's are cheaper and run slightly better than the 7800GTX.. but that would probably only be for games that support sli, so I say the 7800GTX should be sweet.

NEC makes pretty decent drives. I say better than LG, that's for sure.

maxtor's do make some decent mid-range hd's I'm sure these top of the line ones should be very stable. otherwise rma and get western digital or seagate.

monitor's good viewsonic and samsung are my 2 fav crt monitor makers.

now, the Zboards.. I think they're a cool concept, but not ergonomic, and buttons are quire spaced out. I think of this keyboard as a trainer keyboard more than a pro-gamers keyboard myself. I like having all my buttons close together. If I were you I'd get like a Logitech Elite keyboard. They pwn, I'mma get one someday once I'mma computer tech n' get store discounts. :)

that mouse is one of the 2 bests out there. This and the Logitec mx1000 are insanely good. I have an mx1000 so I can say it's worth it for that one, havn't used razor mouse yet, I know a few other people on the forums have, and they say they're good. I think their newest mouse is called "plasma" which uses an infared lazer wich is damn precise.

that headset looks like teh smex man. The frequency range is huge, 18Hz on the low side for headsets is one of (if not) the best frequency responses I've seen.

No offense but

No, No, No, No, and No

To the designer, you have one of the best gaming mice, it may be hard to notice but wireless mice lag for gaming, and it will affect yoru experince. Your san diego core has doubble the cache of a venice which is a big peformance boost. Your hard drive is very fast, but the maxtor are unreliable. The Western Digital Raptors are much faster, about the same price, but do not have as much room.

ok where to begin...
mobo im gonna get the Fatal1ty (good suggestion about coverin up the leds)
gonna stick with the san diedo 3700
is maxtor really unreliable??? cause it seems it's a better buy than a raptor cause it has more room, runs mor quietly/cooler, nd has that 16mb cache.
dont worry about the wireless mouse issue, not even considering wireless! btw, is the new razor better than the salamander???
ill stick with the silverstone zeus because it's nvidia SLI certified
keyboard, ill check out the logitech elite keyboard

I haven't heard good things from Maxtor. You could always spend the extra bucks and buy buy the Seagate that neocamp suggested. It has NCQ which speeds up requests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom