Video Card not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase

CECS Major
I just made a new computer build with an ASUS A8N-SLI deluxe mobo. When I boot it up there is no video. I have a PNY Geforce 6600GT PCI-E in it. Is there a compatibility issue here? Has anyone else had this problem? Please help, all input appreciated-

::-Chase-::

test the card on a mates pc.

does ur mobo have onboard video? if so, link ur monitor to that, so you can see what you are doing to install lated nvidia drivers.

it is most likely ur psu since it is prolly a no name and came with that case so try in someone elses pc befor u uy one but i recon it is that that u seek

thats cutting it very very very close1 gig ram 3500+ thats quite a bit of power demanding stuff and that card is power hungry so i still say the psu i had the same problem u sure u cant get ur hands on another video card, psu,or somputer to try it out in comeon even a crappy power supply will work one out a dell or hp or something anything try it man

dont use dell or hp psu on a normal pc, or vise versa. the connector on the mobo are different.

thats why im having trouble upgarding... :(

lack of power would cause it to not put out an output display? the fan on the chip is running fine, so i would think it was getting power.

try removing all other stuff that is not absolutley nessessary, eg, soundcard, any usb devices, modem, extra harddrives...

it will give you a bit more room within ur psu wattage to experiment with, and check the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom