HDD gone... how did my HDD spoilt

Status
Not open for further replies.

gyaradoz

Solid State Member
Hi,

2 weeks ago, while inserting another slave HDD, my Master HDD crashed and spoilt... no matter what I tried to revive it(e.g. putting in freezer, knocking it etc), it failed to even move

Just now, I went to Acecom to change my HDD and the guy there showed me that one of the HDD chips had "blown" and shorted...When I asked him why it happened, he told me that maybe there is still electricity running when I touch the HDD cables, and thats y it blown..

BUT, I know that I had already turned off the power supply and took out the black power cable before touching anything inside..... it is only when I fixed everything(the slave drive and my master drive),then I fix in the power supply..... and then I found out that my Master HDD had spoilt...

Anyone can tell me how did this occur? is it overheating or what?

Thanks

When i open my PC, i switch the power supply off, and then press the 'on' button on my PC. The PC will start for a split second and then shut off imediatley. This drains any charge left in the machine and makes it safe to touch componants.

wow that sucks befor i knew anythign bout computer i used to fool around in there when the power was on i dont know how u people can be soo unluckey lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom