First time build. Need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. Went back and redid some things. What do you think of this set up?

NZXT NEMESIS ELITE SV Silver Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 400W Power Supply - Retail - $120

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail -$135

eVGA 256-P2-N376-AX Geforce 6800GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail - $345

CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model VS1GBKIT400 - Retail - $78.99

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Venice 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3500BPBOX - Retail - $267

Total $945.99

Is this a better? In the high range of my budget now. I won't be overclocking anything, at least for a good while so I don't really need to worry about that. Any more suggestions for parts?

Thank you all for the good responses. It really helps me out.

okay. What are the good brands of psu's? I am a little reluctant to put over $100 into the psu alone.

yawg said:
okay. What are the good brands of psu's? I am a little reluctant to put over $100 into the psu alone.

You shouldn't be. So many people forget the significance of the PSU and what can potentially happen to your system if you get an insufficient one.

Besides, that OCZ 520w Modstream is an outstanding PSU for $90. It would surely be more than enough.

I haven't heard anything good from Rosewill.

Go with the OCZ; you can't go wrong with it.

What is the opinion of ddr2 memory? Should I go to that or stay with ddr?

Ummm, ya nice power supply man. ROsewill is the ROXXXX. Seiriously though, get the OCZ modstream on sale at newegg for 68 bucks after rebates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom