New Mouse: Logitech Wireless MX1000 -or- Razer Plasma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vormund

Daemon Poster
http://www.razerzone.com/products/products_diamondbackplasma-le.php
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2135,CONTENTID=9043

So far (and this could change too, but..) I've narrowed it down to two mice (linked above): the Logitech Wireless MX1000, or the Razer Diamondback (Plasma Ed.)

I'm buying a new mouse-- I've read the reviews across the board, but none seem to compare the two, OR mention two particular things (comparatively):

I want the best mouse for gaming and advanced graphic editing... what do you think is best? Gaming--the only real requirement is fast (hah), and imaging...just being able to precisely move the mouse. I've heard the MX1000 is a bit bulky for anything but graphics. I saw it in the stores, and it seemed -ok-, but unfortunately, the Razer isn't readily available.

Any help/suggestions welcome--and thanks in advance!

--Xula

Im using the mx1000 now and i dont think its blukey, its fast as no lag!

i recomend it, but then again iv never used the razor

well the razor when u use it, it seems like it is too small for ur hand and then ur pinky and ring finger hang off to much which really seems to bug me, it also gets in the way when ur deep into game and dont realize ur finger if hanging of and touching the mouse pad then u try to move your crosshairs on the guys head then ur movement is like slower because your draggin your fingers

I am a Diamondback owner. Some people are annoyed by this mouse's design however, but this is rare.

The MX-1000 will have mouse lag, which will be noticable in a game

a friend of miine just bought that plasma mouse 2 days ago witha game. he like it alot plays alot of games and also does image editing he told that when he is editing a picture like a normal mouse will move where he doesnt want it too to mess if the picture. but with the plasma its nice no lag and moves where you want it too. i would go with the plasma. i want one but i dont know how much they are lol

Ah, thanks *everyone*! I just purchased the Razer DB... and a few friends have the MX1000. I can't wait to compare them in person!

And, at least for me, the cheapest I've found the mice is $50 (including shipping), online.

Thanks again.

Heyyo,

I have a Logitech mx1000. Very nice. Mine has some problems fitting into the rechargable dock, sometimes ya gotta wiggle it a bit. I got it $70 cad before on sale at london drugs in burnaby mall in vancouver.

I think it's great, very precise. Now, mouse lag ain't always caused by the mouse itself, but a hardware/software conflict. I get no mouse lag in BF2 or Source engine based games (unless winamp's running), yet in the punisher (sweet game btw) the mouse lags out every 5 mins or so, quite annoying. I'm gonna tweak some settings, hopefully I can get it out. Btw, the programmable buttons on the MX1000 are sweet, I binded wasd to some of the buttons, now I can pwn 1-handed. I amazed 1 dude as I was pwning up a storm on my Star Wars Battlefront there with just the 1 hand, at first he thought hax, but I showed him the powers of my mouse. ;)

Also consider the MX 518. I have pretty big hands (I am 6"2), and it's perfect. No lag at all.. Unless u like to lounge on a chair far away from the monitor to surf the web, I don't quite see why anyone would want a MX 1000.. The Razer is supposed to be excellent as well. Couple reviewers gave the MX 518 a slightly better rating, so I just went with that. Couldn't go wrong with either I say..

MX-518 - 3 sensitivity settings
Razer - 2 sensitivity settings

Are they useful?.. I think so.. I change them all the time when I am gaming.. For close combat vs long range, it's nice to have that flexibility..

Chankama said:
u like to lounge on a chair far away from the monitor to surf the web, I don't quite see why anyone would want a MX 1000..
Heyyo,

Hehehe! I fall into that category man as my comp chair's a La-Z-boy recliner. :p

I wish my keyboard had a longer ps/2 cord though... I have to put it to the side of my case which it gets tangled with the gamepad's cords n' the mics... very annoying. I was thinking wireless keyboard but then replacing the batteries would be ghey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom