fitting mobo and cpu help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

diesel2005

Baseband Member
hi got my new parts today and im finding it a daunting task fitinit the msi neo2 and my 64bit cpu. one i havnt a floppy drive and the mobo come with a flopy disk with raid things on it what r they?. scoundlymy old mobo has 8 screw holes the new one has 9. and it has dual memory channels how do they work. plz help all suggestions welcome thanks.

If you have a SATA hdd you may need to install drivers for them, meaning you need to get a floppy drive, froma old pc or something, they are all the same, even the ones from 6/7 years ago.

If you havea ATX case, it will fit your motherboard, just screw in the ones that are avaliable.

You will need to look in your motherboard manual for the dual channel slots, stick the 2 sticks of ram in these slots, and it will automatically run in dual channel.

thanks mate also im confused before i fit the mobo which disk do i leave in my drive the win xp one or the mobo driver disk

and what hapend wehn i turn on my p after the upgrade do i need to press del or sumthing i am anoob plz help

diesel2005 said:
thanks mate also im confused before i fit the mobo which disk do i leave in my drive the win xp one or the mobo driver disk

With a comment like that, you really shouldn't be doing this...

coman im not paying 30 pounds for the computer techncian to do it am i. which disk the xp or the driver disk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom