New video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoisonPorkchop

Daemon Poster
Im sure this has been talked about thousands of times now, but I havent been on in a few months. What is the latest video card out right now? Im under the assumption it is the 7800. Is it worth it for the price, or should I wait until they make the gts or even the ultras, or do they already? do they make them in agp or do I need to upgrade my mobo too? Is ATI counterattacking yet? Thanks! And I wonder if anyone remembers me. Its been a LONG time.

it is indeed the 7800 GTX. Honestly, it's not worth the money. Right now, the 7800 GTX is complete overkill. Go for a 6800gt agp, that's the best value in my opinion. Why are you worried about an ATI counterattack? Everyone knows nvidia > ATI :D

Wait till ATI releases the R520 in august. It is going to gang rape the 7800GTX. Dont get the x800xl, it lacks SM3, if you insist on buying now get a 6800GT.

well, i dont insist on buying now, but ive been off on a aircraft carrier in the air force for the past 4 months and need to catch up on my 1337 gaming. jk. but i have yet to experience the goodness of bf2. will my 6600gt be able to handle it on real high settings at 1024x768? thats as high as my monitor goes, /sob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom