2.8 GHZ pentium D is a better performer than x2 4800+

Status
Not open for further replies.
That must have been the worst compiled review I have ever read, they test things like unzipping and windows media playback, come on, what processor actually have trouble with that crap?

If you use your computer for hardcore gaming the decision becomes less clear. Certainly the Pentium D is no slouch in this department however it will almost always perform in the same way as a 2.8ghz 800fsb P4 (without hyper threading) and this could be a real disadvantage for the performance gamer. Certainly its not the CPU to back up a Nvidia 7800GTX. Casual gamers we would suggest are a more suitable market for the 820 (or those with 6600GT/X700Pro and below).
How the hell did they reach this conclusion when they tested no games? They didn't even bloody run through a 3Dmark test.

Crap like that seems like heavily biased reviews....Intels pocket money is going that way....I'm not at all saying that the chip doesn't peform well, but like gaara said, crappy tests and then coming to their own conclusions without tests regarding that subject at all....what BS

Sounds like intel sent the chip to the wrong tester if they would look on the net for 30sec and see what people really do with there pc's might have a better test. Sure looks like that test was scewed to make the P4D look good.

That is such crap. They never tested games, but they talk about how it would perform in games! How would they know if they never tested it? That reviewer just made me very angry, I think he was a little biased towards the Intel chip. Did anyone else notice that while he was using a dual core Intel chip, he used a single core AMD chip? I don't know if this would make any difference, but it made me mad...

If anything, testing most games is going to give the advantage to the uniprocessor system, despite the other system having "an extra core." SMP is rarely a benefit (and in fact is often a slight hindrance) to single-threaded apps performance.

If anything, testing most games is going to give the advantage to the uniprocessor system, despite the other system having "an extra core." SMP is rarely a benefit (and in fact is often a slight hindrance) to single-threaded apps performance.
Yeah I know, what I was getting at was how they pulled some random comment about game performance out of nowhere and somehow decided that based on the other tests that AMD wasn't worth mentioning and they would just take a stab in the dark between the D and 840.

The article itself was poorly written and poorly presented and is not very convincing

No, don't misunderstand me, I wasn't disagreeing with you about that. I'm just saying to all that to the poster that was saying how it was biased towards Intel to use a single core AMD in the test when mentioning "gaming". I also find it dumb that there was no actual testing.

From all of the benchmarks i've seen, mainly at tomshardware, the Pentium D 840 is no where near a better performer then the X2 4800+.
Everything that i've read says that AMD has both the top performer in Single Core (FX57) and Dual Core (X2 4800+). And we are talking about ALL CPU's on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom