Using Tech-Forum's Signature Feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elbatrop1

Memberbot
How to utilize the signature feature

A lot of questions get asked about how to make a signature with a picture.

Here is my tutorial to anyone who is wondering how to make take advantage of the signature feature:

1)This step is the most important. Read the Rules for Sigs.
The biggest thing that people have a hard time with is size of their sig. The sig can be no bigger than 468x120 pixels (read the rules for more info).

2)Get a free image-hosting account at places such as: www.eraserinc.com www.photobucket.com or www.imageshack.us

3)Create a sig using any image-editing software you like. The most popular image editing software on this forum seems to be Photoshop or GIMP.

The image should be saved as a JPEG or a GIF to make sure that your image-hosting website accepts it.

4)Go into your Profile and enter the URL of your image (from the image hosting website) into the text box that is labelled with "Signature."

Be careful! You cant just add the URL of the image into the Signature text box. You have to put "tags" around it. Follow this example ---but replace the ( with [ and ) with ]---:

(IMG)http://www.imagehostingwebsite.com/picture.jpg(/IMG)

"http://www.imagehostingwebsite.com/picture.jpg" would be considered the URL of the picture (of course this is a mock-up for the example).

5)Go to a post that you have already made to test to make sure that your picture showed up ok.

Thanks. I thought it would help new and old members alike.

It will help the old members because they dont have to type out all of that everytime a new member asks for help with their sig, and can just link to this thread.

FireFox said:
I could post a tutorial on how to make a signature.......yes..no..maybe?

That would be pretty nice. Let me know if you do, and I will link to it in this thread.

After making it, let a mod know that you would like it stickied.

BTW, your Photoshop skills have come a long way. I remember when I made you an avatar long ago:D

Okay, I'll do it when I get a chance.

A avatar for me...hmmm...I don't recall. No, wait...I may remember, but I'm not sure if that's the one you're referring to. Care to refresh my memory? lol :D

Thanks for the compliment. I don't use PS, I use Fireworks. :) I'll probably post two guides....one for each. This Yoda sig that I currently have is my first try with this new style of sigs I've started making...here's some of my latest....

Just made this one today for a friend....not my best.
p4924148.jpg

V1:
tsukihime3.jpg

V2:
tsukihime2.jpg

And this is my favorite one that I've made so far......probably my best so far.

5eba9831.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom