screen resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeRuler99

purveyor of fine cheeses
I have an HP laptop with an ATI graphics card. How can I change the screen resolution to something that is bigger, or is that smaller, than 1024 x 768?

Currently, that is the maximum I can get, but I would have thought that by having a graphics card that I could get a much better resolution. Is this a restriction created by the laptop screen?

Is there anything that I could do to change this, like a download or something?

1024 x 768 is very large there is no need to go bigger and fits most moniters perfectly. If it doesn't I'd download your graphic card drivers and moniter drivers.

Resolution isnt completely reliant on your graphics card. It has a lot to do with your monitor as well. In your case its an LCD which dont seem to support as high of resolutions as CRTs usually do.

Stick with the native resolution of your LCD.

Anything other than that, and it starts to look crappy.

I'm not sure on the name I have one of those big box's for a moniter. It's origanal resoultion was 800x600 but things looked to big so I switched to 1024 x 768 which isn't too small or two large.

Super VGA has a defualt of 800x600 doesn't it that is too low for a standard.

The previous comments about native resolution for an LCD are correct, I am sure 1024x768 is the native resolution, so you wouldn't want to/couldn't go higher.

As far as 1024x768 being enough, thats all up to your opinion. I think 1024x768 looks dumb on a 19" monitor, so I run 1280x1024. As for my laptop, it looks best at 1920x1200. (WUXGA)

there is a "Sweet spot" for LCD monitors (that's why i kinda hate them).. it goes especially true for laptops.. so i'm betting you've reached your sweet spot if you default at that res, so no point in changing it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom