First computer ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alecjahn

Daemon Poster
What was the first computer you ever had?

Ours was a 286 Bondwell "Laptop" (literally)

it had an 8 inch monochrome display, a 20MB HD and only like 512 Kb of memory, but DOS ran like a charm!

scorpio, you gotta be a young 'un, im only 19 and my first computer was an 8088, it ran at about 8MHz, had a 200MB HDD, a 5.25" floppy and a 3.5" floppy, with i think 128 or 256KB of ram, lol it was a speedy demon, i tell ya

well i am not as young as you but still the laptop which i told was the one which i owned but the computer i have wotrked upon first was the one BBC computer with 1kb of memory
and that was in the year 1986

Bleep said:
My first computer was two sticks and a rock.
ROFL!!

my first (not really mine mine but my parents) was a Mac 128
128KB HD space
tiny B&W monitor (something like 8")
1 button mouse
keyboard did not kave numpad
had 1 game
ribbon ink B&W printer

My first was a texas Intrument thing that I would punch in programs I found in magazines that would make a stick figure appear to run across the screen to something like music ca. 1984. This was TIs answer to the Comodore 64..anyone remember that one?

Ahhh, yes the C64....
I remember sitting in front of a C64 for like 5 to 6 hours one day. I was creating a program in basic that displayed an american flag.....and it even looked like it was blowing in the wind!!!

10 SCREEN 1 WIPE: TINT=........ahhhh forget it. LOL!

-Mike

My first was a texas Intrument thing that I would punch in programs I found in magazines that would make a stick figure appear to run across the screen to something like music ca. 1984. This was TIs answer to the Comodore 64..anyone remember that one?

Yes this was the TI994a. ran basic code and i was very familiar with the stick figure program. I had that computer till i got my blazing fast 486 dx 33. I thought i was on top of the world.

you could put cartridges in the 99/4a and make it run pascal, etc... I think I still have one around...
the good old timex/sinclair - you had to use a pencil to type on that one. . . The Ataris, commodores, killer machines for their day... You could do so much in 4K or ram....

One of my first projects when I was learning about compukers was to transfer data from an IBM Displaywriter to ibm pcs - (*8 inch diskettes*). . . Thank god i had an IBM Series/1 and Dec PDP 11 and Vax... to play on while I was waiting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom