Best ram for under $130?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think 3-5% is an advantage if your ocing. A 3-5% gain is like a 100-200 mhz gain.

So mega expensive ram doesn't hold all that much advantage over value ram aye? Good news for me!
It does because I can get my 'mega expensive RAM' up to PC4200 DDR540 speeds or higher while you will be stuck at PC3200 DDR400 speeds......in terms of stock speeds, it's not worth it to pay that extra cash just for expensive 'better timed RAM' if you won't overclock it.

I think I am discluding the Corsair Value Select from my choice here.

It's cas latency is 3, and though said before that differencs between 2 and 3 are minimal, I think for the amount of money I'd be spending more for the OCZ or GeIL it's worth it.

EDIT: Nubius, that's what I meant. Overclocking aside, 'mega expensive ram' holds little advantage over less expensive value ram. Of course maybe the extremely high end ram does, but you get my point right?

Even the really high expensive ram doesnt hold any advantage.

I find it dumb in the article that it's not testing the ram at stock speeds for anything.

EDIT: Nubius, that's what I meant. Overclocking aside, 'mega expensive ram' holds little advantage over less expensive value ram. Of course maybe the extremely high end ram does, but you get my point right?
Well the only other 'advantages' would be simply that it would be higher quality materials used to make the sticks...and in cases of it being a dual channel kit they've been tested and guaranteed to run....

But if your RAM didn't work, an RMA to newegg would fix that and generally you'd never notice the 'life span' of valueRAM over expensive ram.

but yeah...overclocking is pretty much the only reason you should get expensive RAM....other people either just absolutely want the best of the best, or have too much money on their hands.

"have too much money on their hands"

As is too often the case...

But, ok, as long as I heard that from an experienced person (you) I am content with the OCZ Performance. Thanks for the help. :)

EDIT: Actually for the price difference...I am sort of thinking about Corsair Value Select again. What's your word on it? The cas latency can be bought at 2.5 for 90 dollars. For 110 dollars I could get the OCZ Performance which has the timings listed and has a cas latency of 2. But, do these differences really make a difference? Or could I even just get the 80 dollar Corsair Value Select with cas latency of 3 and it would perform the same as the OCZ performance, for 30 dollars more? (no overclocking)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom