AMD alleges Intel compilers create crash code for its chips

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason most you of dont have a clue what this means is because your windows users, windows apps are typically precompiled binaries linked to existing dll's,so you dont have to compile your apps before installing them, so you never get the chance to optimize the compiled code or check to see which optimizations work best or debug/change the source code.

HOWEVER, this only applies to apps compiled using INTEL's compiler, not other compilers, there are many in use these days.The open source GNU/GPL compilers dont have this issue.

The article's assertion is 100% correct.

What a bunch of baby's. If they're that concerned why don't they just write their own compiler. I guess it is just the sue first ask questions later mentality of late.

Personally, I don't see how it could be true since everyone here knows AMD's are so incredibly fast compared to Intel. How could they do that when they are being sabataged by Intel? :rolleyes:

Unless AMD can produce a document from Intel specifically outlining the "intent" to degrade AMD performance.....I'd take that case on behalf of Intel. If AMD can't prove intent then the argument is toast....So is there such a document(s) floating around out there? If not, AMD will lose!!

AMD still beats intells..... Imagine if windows and programs used on it was made to work with both CPUS at there full potential....

Like I'm going to make a product that is inherently non-competitive. LOL!!!!!!!!! I'm sure Chevy and Ford execs sit around trying to figure out how to make all their technological innovations compatible with each other. If AMD wants to take over the cpu MARKET PLACE THEN MARKET YOUR DAMN PRODUCT GUYS!!!!!!!!! Build a better mouse trap and you'll catch more mice...........amazing!!!!!

idiotec said:
What a bunch of baby's. If they're that concerned why don't they just write their own compiler. I guess it is just the sue first ask questions later mentality of late.

Personally, I don't see how it could be true since everyone here knows AMD's are so incredibly fast compared to Intel. How could they do that when they are being sabataged by Intel? :rolleyes:

Because most stuff is compiled on visual studio or turbo c++ ect and not intel C++ 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom