did you know? (Updated: All Visitors Read)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defragging is very fast on my 250GB drive with diskeeper. It only takes about 2 to 8 minutes to finish.

Heyyo,

WTH!? 2-8 mins!? jesus.. is diskkeeper free?? *google-age* ahh crappy... costs money... sourceforge.net? damn, no freeware defraggers... oh well, I usually leave my m$ defragging program on at night n' wake up n' it's done. next night I do the other hd, lol. :p

what the hell guys... why do you want to use disk defrag... that's dum.. You will see when you use the disk defrag, your drives will not work after couple of years.

It's "free" if you have limewire pro. :) Seriously, one of the best programs around!!! Worth the investment!!!!! and by-the-way.......who is dumb enough to keep a hd for more than two years? It would be a geekaramus penny pintching shazzbot! I just bought a OEM SATA 250 gig on ebay (western digital) for $50! I never keep an hD more than a year. Now that's just silliness!!! :p :eek: :D

Hard drives are good for far more than a year, and defragging does not harm your drives.

And, their is no way that a fragged harddrive would defrag in 2-8 minutes, for the average "fragmented" drive that's 250 gig your looking at an hour at the minimuim

what the hell guys... why do you want to use disk defrag... that's dum.. You will see when you use the disk defrag, your drives will not work after couple of years.
That's such a retarded comment.

As Chris said...hard drives can last extremely long, and beyond that disk defragging does not hurt your hard drive in any way.

What he says in regards to speed and capacity is also correct....my 80gb SATA drive takes like...30-45 mins depending on how screwed up it actually is.

The whole 'disk defrag' or whatever the hell it is you're trying to say about 'attacking' other drives is just assanine

nuke said:

Ok, you will see how well your system responds in 2 years without a defrag. A severely fragmented hard drive wont only cause poor performance but system lockups at times.

Defragmentation is absolutely necessary to keeping a healthy OS.

Saying that defragging is bad is like saying an oil change on a car is bad because it wears out your oil drain plug.

Only time a defragmentation can hurt your computer is if your getting bad ass power surges while doing it or your machine BSODS/restarts. That can cause a corrupt file.

I defrag every day or two. It usually takes less than 2 minutes cause I keep up on it. My system runs like a top and I feel defragging is a huge reason why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom