Is it the cpu temp or the case temp that matters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eg37se

Baseband Member
Hi i have a computer here with an AMD 2000+ xp cpu in it and I was wondering with overclocking is it the computer temperature(prob not spelled correctly), as in case temperature, or the actual cpu itself?

dude i have no clue as to waht your asking if you asking about when you overclock your computer if the temps will rise then yes both your cpu and case will rise in heat it will get hot you need to have nice cooling for it to work right otherwise it will fry your cpu ;)

They are both relative. If you have a higher CPU temp, you will have a higher case temp and vice versa.

Sorry if I asked that wrong. What i mean is, what temperature is dangerous. I know if the cpu get's too hot it will burn out, but can something happen if the case temperature gets too hot? Also what is a suitable case temp.

Lower one temp, and the other will follow. The case temp has an impact on EVERYTHING, as does the CPU temp but to a much lesser extent.

You want to work on cooling everything. Obviously the CPU first and foremost, but cooling off the entire temperature of the case is a MUST!

that is why some cases have 2 case fans, 1 to bring cold air in, and 1 to push hot air out

I have 6 :p. 2 in the front to pull air in, 2 in the back to pull air out, 1 on the side to pull air out and one on the PSU pulling air out !

1 have 2in fornt blowing in 2in back blowin out 1 120mm on the side blowing out and a psu fan
but yea the temps are relative but when i play a game my cpu goes up to 45c and case stays around 34c but the real important one to watch out for is the cpu

I have two intake on the bottom-front. Two intake on the side right onto my heatsink (on top of eachother). One large on on the back pulling out, one on top pulling out, and the PSU pulling out.

Go for never letting the CPU above 60 under load, and never letting it above maybe 42 idle. The case... should never get above probably 36.

All Celsius.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom