Hdd=250g- Registers 127gb??

Status
Not open for further replies.
desktop

Edit: I have another question, it wouldnt let me start installing windows after finishing my comp build, and I took out on the the sticks of 512 gb ram. Is this ram bad, or... is there something I can do...or...something. If it is bad, will newegg RMA just that stick, or would I have to send the other stick along with it? :(

Dammit!! Thats what I told my parents I had to do, after i got windows installed and everything updated, stick it back in and see if the comp recognizes it, and then run mem test. But, I didnt know I had to run it 2-3 time. Hope it doesnt take forever. But whatever gives me confirmation, right?
Thanks for advice and link.

It will take anywhere to run 2 full runs about 30-70 minutes.

And if the ram is bad it will come up in red that the ram has an error.

Well, I just tried to memory, without the mem checker, and i tried to talk on msn, blue error screen came up, comp restarted. It started up, I tried to talk on msn again, this time it didnt restart, then i opened up UT2004 and I tried a single player game to check to see if any errors would arise. They did. blue screen error, shut down, restart; same as last time.

This was all done in dual channel setup.

So its bad right? :(

Seems like its bad alright. My mom had a bad stick of ram and we had to take it back to frys. The rest of her computer was identical to mine except for te video card. Was always giving errors so i decided to Memtest it and vuala, found my problem. BTW you get that HD fixed up?

I haven't messed with the harddrive yet. But I asked the question "Extended Partition? How exactly would I do that? IF there are no other options. I'd rather just have one partition." and didnt get an answer? Could someone gimme a step by step? Also, I'm like 99% sure im wrong, but, will this erase everything I have on my pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom