did you know? (Updated: All Visitors Read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuke

Daemon Poster
did you know?

did you know that disk fragm is worser than virus. When i read the e-week maganzine, it said that disk frag can attack the drives, and slow them down. Virus is only external, and disk frag is internal, and can make your drives slow. did you know about this?

Defrag is just reorganizing your files so they aren't in "clusters" and fragmented around your drive. It just makes accessing files quicker since the information for a particular file are organized together. It means it doesn't have to search your entire drive for seperate clusters of one file/folder.

ok when i first read this i thought you said defragging your hard drives is worse than having a virus, after a re-read it seems you are saying that having fragmented files is worse then a virus. - i guess it depends on the virus but obviously fragmented files are not a good thing.

Heyyo,

I dunno aboot this one. viruses can literally break down and destroy important system files. fragmenting just slows down a HD. Viruses usually finish their dirty deeds in just a few hours, as fragmenting takes a month or so.

So yeah.. I'm gonna say viruses are still the worst threat to a computer eletronically.. physically? definately liquids like water or coffe.. or an angry computer user. :p

Yup I agree it can take about 50% performance in some cases worse. Good to use that scheduler and defrag it once a month overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom