Low Cost Water Rig? DIY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

360Man

Baseband Member
There any good links for building a DIY liquid cooler? Like using an automotive heater core with a fan mounted? Or is there a good low cost water cooling unit for sale somewhere?

The ones I have found are just too pricey.

ok if u want water cooling dont think cheap u cant cheap out on water cooling or it wont be worth it. save up and buy a nice one i.e 150 to 200$

Really 150-200 the ones I was finding were like 500 and up.

Can you post a link and how do they perform?

Under 200 makes sense since a good fan can cost about 50.00.

I was really thinking about getting a 30.00 heater core and 120mm fan with tubing from an auto place and making my own from a spare PC case.

You dont need to have the water system contained elsewhere, you can have it right in your computer. Go to www.dangerden.com or www.cooltechnica.com and peice together your own, that's what I did. I have a $20 heatercore that I modded on my own, put some barbs on it, and it is nice. It's not terribly big, but will do the job quite nicely.

If you are finding water cooling kits for $500 up only, you are either looking in the completely wrong place, or at the completely wrong thing. The average kit is, like stated above, $150-$200. Also, like stated above, do NOT cheap out on water cooling! Unless you ONLY want water cooling for the bling, to be able to tell peopel you have it, than be my guest and cheap out and get a kit. You will get better temps with stock air cooling that you will with you average kit. The only kits worthwhile are the ones at dangerden, because they have good parts in it. It is what most people would call a better than average water cooling solution. It's just that dangerden took soem really good parts, sold them as a kit, and charged more money for it. If you dont know what to get, and are determined to get a kit, dangerden should be your ONLY option!

Him said:
You dont need to have the water system contained elsewhere, you can have it right in your computer. Go to www.dangerden.com or www.cooltechnica.com and peice together your own, that's what I did. I have a $20 heatercore that I modded on my own, put some barbs on it, and it is nice. It's not terribly big, but will do the job quite nicely.

If you are finding water cooling kits for $500 up only, you are either looking in the completely wrong place, or at the completely wrong thing. The average kit is, like stated above, $150-$200. Also, like stated above, do NOT cheap out on water cooling! Unless you ONLY want water cooling for the bling, to be able to tell peopel you have it, than be my guest and cheap out and get a kit. You will get better temps with stock air cooling that you will with you average kit. The only kits worthwhile are the ones at dangerden, because they have good parts in it. It is what most people would call a better than average water cooling solution. It's just that dangerden took soem really good parts, sold them as a kit, and charged more money for it. If you dont know what to get, and are determined to get a kit, dangerden should be your ONLY option!

true that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom