hardware inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzimm86

In Runtime
I was wondering what a good program to check that hardware on your compute would be. I work with a network of about 175 desktops, many of them old with little ram. What i want to do is gather information about what motherboard is in each computer, how many slots it has for ram, which slots have ram in them, and if the stick is 64,126,256.... I would prefer a free program since i am not in the possition to have the company buy it and i dont really want to spend my money on it. It would also be nice if the program could be run from one location and scan the network but if i have to go to each machine i guess that would work to.

wow thanks that is going to help out a ton. cpu is pleanty for finding out basic mb, cpu, and ram while everest has a overwhelming amount of info. Just have to figure out how to run the scan over the network(it does have the capability) but i am guessing that is a feature that is blocked out on the trial version. Why do people always have to try to make money? jk

cpuid is the same as cpuz and it doesnt allow network scanning. i also just checked out belarc and it works pretty good as well but again no network scanning. and everest just has so much more info it is insain

yup that is what i have been doing all day its not so bad when you compare it to what my boss told me to do which is opening each case and looking inside

yea. that seems much more the buisness. nice one, uzi9mm, im sure benzimm86 will appreciate that, and it will save alot of his time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom