Plz check this PC out

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey the link which you gave doesn't works
just send out the configuration here and i may give you a better option

thats a great deal, don't waste time, buy it soon as possible before the deal ends. you are getting a " Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 2.5GHz with 512K L2 Advanced Transfer Cache4 " and it even comes with 17" monitor. the only better deal would be if you built a computer yourself.

the rest of the specs look good, why are you still reading this for? go for it!:)

40GB ultra ATA100 5400rpm hard drive eh see if you can change that or upgrade that 5400rpm now adays wont cut it. But great non-the-less

I think you will want to invest in a graphics card, though this computer doesn't have an AGP slot, from what I can see, so you will be a bit limited with a PCI card. Integrated graphics are crappy.

I'll tell you right now, your buying a Gateway. If you want the headache that comes with it, then go for it. If you are going to buy a prebuild system, get a Dell. Gateways are crap. they use sub-standard hardware (as you can see from the hard drive). Better yet, get a barebones system from Tigerdirect.com and add the rest of the parts your self. Real easy and you get good parts.

i agree....its good for a beginer pc. You wont have the flexibility in the bios you would building your own....for the price its great....but if your looking for more of a long term pc i would suggest building your own...the 5400 rpm drive is outdated on the machine and will fill up fast if you save media to it.....check to see if the 256 ddr on the machine is pc2700 or pc 2100 b/c at that price i'm sure it cant be pc 3200....most machines are coming w/ at least 512k ddr also today....i'll also bet it also has 2 ddr slots on the mobo also. The graphics on it are weak on the machine.....most laptops are running higher than that today....also i dont see a listing for a agp slot on the mobo when your ready to upgrade the graphics card....you can upgrade w/ a pci agp card but whether the mobo will support 8x agp is another thing to be questioned....the best thing about the machine is the price and the p4 2.5 processor....if your looking for a basic internet browser and office machine i would recommend it....for a home media center and or game machine i would not get it.

this is good for low to mid end usage, but:
it hasn't got AGP which can seriously restrict gaming
it has only got 40GB HDD space
it has only got 256MB RAM

what are you going to use the system for? and what would you be prepared to pay for a good system?

here is one here for $1399: http://products.gateway.com/products/GConfig/proddetails.asp?system_id=510xl&seg=hm
this system can play high end games like HL2 or Doom 3
IMO even if you are not likely to play these sort of games sometime soon, you should have this system longer before you upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom