aspire

The Water Cooling Guru
ok heres whats goin on

my dad has a retired friend
this friend has a bit of money
he wants an uber fast machine thatll last him a good 8 years
the budget is 3000 bucks
im not too good with current high end hardware
it will not be used for gaming (well almost not) would like a good gfx card in it though
for his grandkids i was thinkin a 7800gtx lol
he wants it to be fast, quiet, sleek, and have a really big screen
this is for the entire comp
monitor
tower
mouse and keyboard preferably wireless

screw alienware get him a 7800, DFi mobo,Sandeagno core, water cooling, nice, ram g.skill, a 160 hdd, oe whatever.

meh to alienware

and i was thinking more of a terrabyte raid 0+1
2 gigs of mem
7800gtx
maybe a 4400 x2
water cooled in a lian li case
abit fatality or dfi
the best wc blocks out there
dvd rw with lightscribe
and throw in a 20 inch lcd

Go get yourself a nice DFI and an AMD Athalon X2, that would be hot. And two gigs of G Skill L.A.'s.

yea go with the X2 4000+
DFI mobo maybe some sli action
2gigs of ram 3200 since amd doesnt support ddr2 yet
500gb hd
7800gfx
and a nice flat panel monitor
or why doesnt he just an hdtv and hook his computer to ir? dont buy him a monitor get him like 1500 hdtv with monitor hook ups in the bcak

No 7800, thats an additional $400 that can e better spent elsewhere. 2x 6800Ultra's properly tuned and OCd would be just as good. He would obviously get SLi, thats a given. And not the 4000+, the San Diego 4800+, or the Manchester 4600+, that would be tight. Why get the 7800's, when you can get a top o the line AMD?

Get a PP&C PSU, the best, or high up there. Wait, man, this thing aint gonna last you 8 years. You are going to get all top of the line stuff and it will be all obsolete in 6 months. Some of this technology will stick around, but some wont. Cut back the budget to 1500, build a sick one with that, and save the other $1500 for 4 years from now when he upgrades. Be smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom