Dell Windows XP Reinstallation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abbygirl

Solid State Member
I had to install a new hard drive for my Dell Inspiron. I was wondering if I can use the reinstallation CD that came with the computer. I tried it and I can't change the resolutions for the monitor (I can't get the full screen) I go into display then monitor. Does anybody know why I can't change it? I don't want to contact Dell if I don't have to. Is there something possibly I didn't do?

You should have a driver installation cd. If not, go to www.dell.com, type in your make and model or serial number to tag number, your system will come up, download the drivers and your done

I had already tried the driver CD that came with the Dell. It checks the drivers on your computer and it says everything is ok.
I can't download anything yet because I don't have internet access. Is there anything else?

Do yo have any of the other CDs that came with the Dell? Some of those might have what your looking for on them. Such as modem or monitor.

There is other software cd's but not for modem or monitor. I thought that would be on the OS or driver CD. I also have no sound.

Not necessarily. I have a monitor CD and a Modem one. Why monitor i dont know. But the modem was onboard so i figure that XP wouldnt find it on install (which i was right not there after install) so instead of getting a mothernoard cd they just give you that. Only other thing is try to download them from a buddies house and put them on some sort of removable device (CD, Memory Stick). Take them home then install them.

One of the CDs you received with your PC should be a 'Dell Resource CD' (if my memory serves me correctly). It installs an easy-to-use interface to browse and install the drivers you need to get everything back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom