keyboard problem - dell inspiron 4150

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesal3731

Beta member
Hi group,

I have a most annoying problem with my keyboard. At various times, different sets of keys will not work on my keyboard. Right now, the "2" "w" "s" and "x" keys do not work on my keyboard. Previously, it was some keys on the right side of the keyboard. ( I have to cut/paste to get these letters or number in this message ). It seems to be an internal problem, as I bought a keyboard on ebay, and it too had the same problem.

I was having some problems with Norton Internet Security 2004, and when I up graded to 2005, my keyboard problems seemed to be fixed. However that turned out not to be the case, as I am suddenly having problems again. I have also noticed that when I have this problem, my Outlook Express seems to have difficulty sending my email messages.

Any comments or recommendations would be great!

Mike

thanks nitestick

i agree, i think i have a virus too. now, my next question to the group is, how do i get rid of this virus on my computer. I'm somewhat of a novice so going beyond my norton internet security 2005 may be difficult for me. i thought this security software would do this for me. thanks for the help folks, i really appreciate it! Mike

When the computer is coming up, hold F8, and you should get a menu of Windows boot options. Look for a safe mode option, and select that. After it boots and you have logged in, run your anti-virus, clean out whatever it comes up with, and restart. Hopefully that will fix it.

Init 0-

I put my computer in safe mode using F8, however, my norton antivirus would not work, any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom