Video Card Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rez

Solid State Member
aiighty i just recently purchased a Radeon 9600XT 256 MB Video Card off of Computergeeks.com,

well when i place the video card into my AGP slot and goto boot up, nothing happens.

bassically what im saying is that when i goto push the nice shiney power button on my computer, nothing happens.... no power at all! it just sits there and laughs at me.... ARRRRRRR!

but when i place the video card in my sister's shitty ass DELL - everything works fine!!! and powers up ect.

any help would be appreciated. THX

Does fan/mobo turn on? If it doesn't then look at all your connections. If it does, make sure that your video card is in the AGP slot and that it meets requirements. If worst comes to worst, trade computers with yoru sister.

of course it is in the AGP slot....

and right now I have to run on my old video card to goto these forums.

Specs of my Comp:

AMD Athlon XP 2500+ barton OC'd @ 2.2 ghz (11x200)
2x sticks of 512 pc3200
550 W PSU
MSI KT4a ULTRA MOBO

and then when i insert my new Radeon 9600XT video card into my AGP slot, nothing happens - COmputer won't power up, and nothing will turn on!

CHECK UR POWER SWITCH A LIL SWITCH BCK OF UR CASE
make sure its on i had this prob to wehn i fitted my gfx

Heyyo,

Hmm, you sure you're putting the vidcard all the way in? I had a vidcard that wouldn't fit my agp slot perfectly so I usually had to push it back in to fit.

Now, if you've crammed it in as far as it cna go (doing so gently not to harm the mobo or the vidcard of course) and still nothing? you can try rma-ing the vidcard. Return it where ya bought it and ask for another. Might get better luck this way with a diff card. If the same thing happens? I dunno man, maybe you have a really bad case of incompatibility. Ah, MSI mobo. Yeah, my crappy mobo's msi too man. Their K series mobo's seem to not be very good man. The agp slot gives me lots of grief as does yours. I'm soo buying asus next time.

[EDIT]
Outta curiosity man, what kindof vidcard you got in there now? if nvidia, make sure you uninstall the nvidia drivers before installing the new card.. heck, uninstall any vidcard drivers you have in there right now.

my PSU should be strong enough as it is a 550 W PSU, but yeah i think im gonna uninstall all my video card drivers, but if find out it's my MOBO, then im switching to ASUS like the other guy said..

oh and the vid card i got in here now is a shitty,
NVIDIA Geforce4 MX 440, (64 meg, DON"T LAUGH! ...:D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom