What will Intel do when......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: What will Intel do when......

GameGURU said:
Uhh because dumb people at retail stores convince everyone to get faster GHZ because it costs more and the store needs more money and they know everything about everything.

Are we talking about BestBuy :p

Ghz isn't nothing but multiplier and clock speed. So normal ppl don't know that, Intel will still charge more than they have to while consumers waste away at something you could over for a hell of a lot less.

I love AMD so much more than Intel, even when it comes to dual cores. Like I say, Intel for applications, AMD for gaming.

Its obvious that they advertise their dual cores like this:
Intel Pentium D processor with up to 6 GHZ SPEED!

(Speed is measured at 3GHZ*2 under max load)

Re: Re: Re: What will Intel do when......

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by GameGURU
Uhh because dumb people at retail stores convince everyone to get faster GHZ because it costs more and the store needs more money and they know everything about everything.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are we talking about BestBuy
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I almost got kicked out of BestBuy once for talking a guy out of buying the $40 3 year extended warranty over the 1 year free warranty he got with his $45 cd-burner. The sale rep was standing saying "O yeah you should this and that and it'll only cost ya this" Then I jumped in and said "No, the warranty isn't worth it. If something breaks after 1 year you could just buy a faster better one with the $40 you save". Sales guy didn't like that.

i can't believe the average everyday moron are still stuck with the GHZ idea... i wanna see the stores trying to get that out of them, since they were emphasizing it so much in the past few years... and same for the "megapixels" in cameras, and all that stuff

Intel is smart enough to have marketing, unlike AMD.

AMD has the second worst marketing I know of.
Not really...Intel are marketing whores, because without brainwashing people with that "INTEL INSIDE! YEAH!" kind of crap they'd be losing out even worse.

AMD doesn't advertise like them, because they simply prove themselves with awesome performing CPU's.....I know they did some advertising with lance armstrong though.

Intels market share might be higher, but the last few times I checked the actual cost per share was lower than AMDs....of course this was some time back so no doubt it's moved quite a bit since then.

i can't believe the average everyday moron are still stuck with the GHZ idea...
no doubt at the very beginning of you learning computers you thought "bigger number = better" that's what every day joe thinks...not only with CPU's but in most general things...my brother is one of those people...more expensive thing must mean it's better.

Thats what i once thought till someone told me to go AMD for my first build, since then i have gotten into computers even more and read more about how AMD and Intels work. That was back in 03-04 now i know bigger dont mean better all the time :) But umm yea every noob thinks bigger means better -.- lol

Nubius said:
Not really...Intel are marketing whores, because without brainwashing people with that "INTEL INSIDE! YEAH!" kind of crap they'd be losing out even worse.

AMD doesn't advertise like them, because they simply prove themselves with awesome performing CPU's.....I know they did some advertising with lance armstrong though.

Intels market share might be higher, but the last few times I checked the actual cost per share was lower than AMDs....of course this was some time back so no doubt it's moved quite a bit since then.

The corporate graveyard is littered with companies that had a 'better' product but poorer marketing. That isn't anything underhanded, thats just business. A company that lets their product "speak for itself" is seriously in error, especially when it comes to something like this. To the average computer user, a second or two difference in doing a task on an AMD or on an Intel isn't going to make any difference to them. Most people buying computers probably don't care whats inside them. Which is why companies need marketing for esoteric-type products like these.

Second, it doesn't matter what the cost per share is. AMD is currently making 3 cents per share with a price of $20.67 per share. And a market cap of ~8.2 Billion. Intel is making $1.24 per share with a price of $28.71 and a market cap of ~177.2 Billion. I wouldn't get any wild ideas about AMD overtaking Intel in terms of anything. In fact, by just a cursory glance at those numbers, I'd say AMD is very overvalued. Even if their cost per share were higher, they aren't making squat for earnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom