<512 ram
<15 display and smaller is fine but widescrean would be cool
<drive... if it can burn cds its good to go
<20 is to small 30-60 gig hard drive
<not too heavy
<brand name for customer support/reliability
<wireless lan for college
<is 8 pounds portable i dont know? dell laptops wiegh about 11
<under 1500 dollars!!!! (yes i ment to put it twice)

-after looking around the IBMs seemed for the money to be the best deal... i could get a T serries with a 1.8gig pentium M and an ati 64 meg video card 30 gig hard drive 512meg ram and soforth for around 1300
>6-7pounds

-or i could get a G serries with a P4 claims 6-8 hr batterie life and a nivida card with 128 meg video card and 30 gig hard drive dvd cd burner drive 512meg ram and sorforth for about 1100
>8.1 pounds ...Performance?

- i know they look kinda dull but they seem like they would be solid or at least lighter and cheeper than an 8300 or xps dell what do guys think... i am going i circles... need help fast...

>>this is for work and for play and i am willing to lug around 8 pounds if it will give the batterie and the performance i need.
needs to run HL2 ok and be good for college and no i can not spell. :D :rolleyes:

IBM is a very good brand, so if you can find one that fits your desired specs and price, go for it.

I would definately go P-M over the P4. It runs a lot cooler, better battery life, and is actually a very good gaming processor. You could most likely get a decent little OC out of it if you could find a clockgen or something that works with your chipset ;)

I've used this laptop at work with identical specs & it is badass.

Gateway® M680X

base price= 1399,configured price = 1499

17" ultrabright widescreen, 7.5 lbs.

Intel® Pentium® M Processor 740 (1.73 GHz, 533MHz FSB, 2MB L2 Cache)

1024MB 533MHz DDR2 SDRAM (2-512MB modules)

ATI Radeon X700 128MB Graphics

80GB 5400rpm Ultra ATA hard drive

wireless card, DVD burner, 1 year warr, and Primary 8-Cell Lithium ion battery good for 4 hours or so battery life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom