AGP Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bearen

Beta member
I have a ASUS P4S333 motherboard that is AGP 2X/4X and a FX5200 video card that is 4X/8X. Should I be able to use them together? I think the last time I tried something like this I had to upgrade the MoBo, but I am building a spare PC and want to avoid putting out anymore money.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

The 5200 is POS, but aside, it will work because it supports 4x/8x. As long as your MoBo and your GPU share one speed it will work perfectly.

Mobo: 2x/4x
Card: 8x/4X

See how they both share 4x?

I've had a Fx5200 in a back up puter for a long time and the card has been good even on HL...but it is defintely challenged on newer games......good card for basic back up puter, however and definitely not a POS in my estimation.

RicoDirenzo said:
I've had a Fx5200 in a back up puter for a long time and the card has been good even on HL...but it is defintely challenged on newer games......good card for basic back up puter, however and definitely not a POS in my estimation.
LOL, I had one for days as well. Played all the games on the Q3 engine no problems :D

Thanks for the info, I'll try again to see if I can get these working together. Never had any issues with the FX5200, always a nice solid video card for my gaming uses.

My partner remembers seeing that the P4S333 MB can't actually do 4X AGP, I have to do some digging to see if that is true.

my current mobo has agp 4x and i have a 6600gt which is a 8x card running at 4x which suks hence im upgrading mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom