Nero installer pops up with internet explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajsahae

Beta member
I have a problem with internet explorer/nero that I have never seen before. I'm running on windows 2000. If you start up internet explorer (also happens when the system boots up), then nero tries to install itself, even though it's already installed on the system. If I try to close the installer, it keeps popping up. For the record, it asks for the Nero Burning msi file from the CD, which I don't have (the CD that is). I tried to solve the problem by uninstalling Nero, but it again asks for the msi file. If I close internet explorer, the installer closes with it, which is what led me to believe that the installer problem is tied into IE somehow. Also, something seems to be wrong with the network connection on the system, although I don't know for sure if it is related to the nero pop up problem or not. I want to know if there are any other solutions before I try uinstalling/reinstalling internet explorer. Thanks in advance for any tips. Feel free to ask for any information you think is relevant.

Raj

I haven't reinstalled internet explorer yet.
That's what I was going to try today if I didn't get any good ideas as to what the problem is.

well, it sounds like the fact that happens as well on boot is a key clue. there's SOMETHING running in the startup group (like nero's SETUP.EXE maybe?)... maybe someone else can answer me this. does MSCONFIG work with win2k? (i know it doesnt come with the OS). MSCONFIG, Startup Cop, or a similar app would sniff out the answer for you, i think.

Yeah, that's another problem. I don't know win2K nearly as well as XP and ME, so I don't know what run commands work, especially since I'm not administrator, I don't know what commands have been shut out. (This isn't my computer btw, I'm trying to fix this problem for my cousin). Nero is running something at startup, that much I know just from looking in the task manager processes tab. But I don't know how to stop it from running and I don't know why it happens when I open up IE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom