Is my cpu fried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abercrombie

Baseband Member
Hello, how can I tell if my cpu is fried? Because when I turn my computer on its turns on but nothing comes on. The monitor is new and the video card works on my other computer so what could it be. Another very strange thing is that my friends comp started dont the same thing at the same times.

Could be. If it is, it is either your MoBo or your processor, and I'm betting it's your mobo because the exact same thing happened to my friend and we replaced his motherboard and it worked fine.

take out your cpu and look at it to make sure there are no burn marks. also take out your mb from your case and put it back in to make sure it is not being grounded by anything. if that still doesnt work unplug all drive(not hard disk) and see if it starts that way. you could also try to reset the cmos by using the jumper on your board.

and I'm betting it's your mobo because the exact same thing happened to my friend and we replaced his motherboard and it worked fine.
One instance doesn't dictate all....you just got lucky and it happened to be the mobo, but the CPU being DOA would cause the same crap to happen. Same with if the RAM or GPU isn't properly seated.

Swap a power supply. Get your friend to let you swap power supplies and see what happens. Could be nothing more than that. If not the power supply, the above suggestions remain viable.:up: :umm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom