win2k slow boot after downgrading from XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
2000 loads slower at boot than XP accourding to myself and TheMagor.....

Prefrences is important but you can't deny that everyone needs security.

Also 2k loyalists complain about XP stability when they say they only had it crash twice. I'm guessing that is an exaggeration even! Never has it crashed on my system. NEVER EVER

man u sound like this kid at school, hes a linux fanboy and hes like linux is 1000% more stable than windows , yet even doing basic crap i've had linux freeze on me more than windows

IBman, use what ever makes you happy.....See the Latin qoute at the bottom?......Illegitimae Non Carborundum....losely translated: don't let the bastards get you down!!! :)

i am using what makes me happy:D but that bastard im talkin about at school is a moron and i wanna smack him in the face every time i have the unlucky privilege of having to look at the ugly thing

Well shouldn't be too hard if you walk into a Linux community or even a community with people holding general computer knowledge you are gonna be smacked for saying that.

the thing is the kid is like one of those posers that thinks just because he has an A+ certification card and i dont means that that automatically makes him better, ya im sure

Do you have +A Certification I'm actually going for mine in 6 months time. Though I think I'm taking it too young but heck it's worth a try.

no i dont have it, i want it, and i've taken the classes but i dont feel that confident, i dont wanna spend 145$ and then fail it

Why bother with it? Do you want to make *real* money and have a *real* career in technology or do you want to insert Processor A into Socket B and add ram C for Joe Blow for the rest of your existence?

Stick with software development and programming. I've gone the certification route, and it is pretty much worthless. Luckily I didn't have to pay for it since I got it all my tests paid for by a grant.

(MCSE NT 4.0, upgraded to MCSE 2k, then quit)

yea, actually i would rather stick with inserting processor into socket, i enjoy sitting at a desk building a computer, to me thats fun, i could do that all day long. Its the programing that i dont like, i would actually probably get a headache or something if i just sat in front of a computer screen all day long. but if im doing anything with hardware i find that fun, thats wat i wanna do, programming would mess with my head too much. btw, was the MCSE 2k test hard? wat did it consist of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom