win2k slow boot after downgrading from XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBMan

Daemon Poster
Anyone know what would cause windows 2000 to boot very slow on the boot screen compared between before upgrading to and down grading from windows xP or 2003, if i were to run kill disk or a low level format program on it would this fix the issue?

It's normal. Windows 2000 boots much slower than XP. Using killdisk won't help. Search the internet for tweaks to speed up boot time instead.

yea that pissed me off bad, but im thinking running killdisk might get rid of anything thats making it do that cuz it couldnt be anything else. im not sure but something makes me think that when i switch HDDs it boots normally

SHUT THE HELL UP WITH THAT TYLER. EVERYONES HEARD U AS HUNDRED TIME AND ITS STARTING TO PIS US OFF

Heyyo,

Tyler, actually man.. if you've used it? windows xp is inferior. windows xp is n00b. No advanced configurations, just basic n00b options. I mean, you can't even put a password onna folder for sharing! windows 95 even had that! Also, you could do sweet stuff like limiting folders anywhere to only a certain user or user type for read, write, or both. windows xp you have to share it to all or no one really.

Sure, windows 2000 probably won't be updated anymore. so what? a solid OS is fine. And last I remember windows 2000 has great service packs while windows xp has sp2, lol. :p

Btw, plenty of people still use windows 98 and that's hella outdated, what does that tell you tyler? it's not the age man, it's not soo much quality either, it's personal tastes. Tech's prefer win2000 for it's advanced options, everyone else prefers winxp cause it's easy, and looks "pretty".

You forgot to add security. I understand the 'taste" idea but your personal preference should not come in before security features do.

IBMan no one cares about a piraters opinion so please just stay calm.

And it was brought up again...

You forgot to add security. I understand the 'taste" idea but your personal preference should not come in before security features do.

who said im a pirater? i never said i used lisences with those XP cds, sure i have the XP cds, do i use them? no because i have no XP Pro lisences. I've heard ppl at school that use those serials because the school is stupid enough to leave them tagged on the case. I do not pirate software, i know that its illegal, I'm just not stupid enough to want to get my life taken away for using something that i could just go out and buy. And it basically does come down to personal preference. If someone doesnt need security then they dont need security, it also comes down to performance, someones not gonna put xp on a machine when it takes 10 minutes to load to a close to stable environment. Thats why i went back to 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom