My Friend is a Dumbass

Status
Not open for further replies.

zygomatic

Baseband Member
I was talking to my friend the other day and he was talking about something and I heard he was building a new computer. He mentioned something about Dual Xeons, so I asked him if he was building a server. "No, just a gaming machine with balls." I almost fell out of my chair! Talk about your all time forehead slapping moments. He said he paid $300 each for those processors and I was just thinking about how much better he could've done with AMD. He says, "But they each have HT." What's more is that he was asking what a good video card is for $160. I wanted to shoot him. He's pretty good with computers too, that's the sad part, but I'm not sure if this is his first build. But damn, what a f*cktard!

Heyyo,

Now, this's the part that saddens me. Most people think "hey, the cpu is the so called 'brains' of the computer, it's the most important" true if you were doing business work.. but for gaming? it's the vidcard. One of me best buds was all psyched that he was getting a new comp rig with a Athalon64 3200+.. but only a Radeon 9600XT. I dunno.. I couldn't stop thinking how much better He'd be with a Radeon 9800 Pro vidcard, and even a AthalonXP 3000+. Needless to say he's a little upset he can't crank out full visuals, but I coudln't say a word really cause he was extremely happy aboot a new comp. Still, I say his comp's a good comp. If we lan it up he hosts since his comp's much better than mine when processing stuff like a LS with bots. But when I had my 9800 Pro, I bet I could graphically pwn his comp. Argh, hope I get my new one soon..

Their maybee a use for this

If he keeps alt-tabbing, he can play 2 games at the same time.

lol.. what would you rather have, 2 little rice burner motors in your car pushin 200hp.. or a nice big 518big block with a blower pushin 800hp

He's obviously not that good with computers if he's that simple minded.

I play games on my dual Opteron system sometimes, anyone want to call me a dumbass too?
Dumbass

No one said you COULDNT play games....this guy was going out to make a 'gaming' specific machine 'with balls' at that....if he wanted a 'BALLS OUT GAMING MACHINE' his dual xeon setup would not have been the way to go.

TheHeadFL said:
I play games on my dual Opteron system sometimes, anyone want to call me a dumbass too? :rolleyes:

but did you build it for gaming? or a server?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom