Weird problem that has happened to me recently...

Status
Not open for further replies.

madcat75

In Runtime
So I go to boot up my PC as usual, and I get this really weird message saying "A disk read error occurred. Press ctrl alt del to reboot."
So I'm thinking "okay what just happened? Did my hard drive die on me?" So I look in bios and it still sees the drive, and I run a seagate diagnostic on it and it found no problems. So I take it over to compUSA and they found no problems with it. I then have them backup all my data and re-format the drive, all is good now. So I'm wondering, why did this happen to me, and what can I do to prevent it from happening again? I dont wanna have to re-format again :mad:

ummm maybe ur computer was overloaded with virus's,worms, and trojans :( ... just a guess as i know nothing about whats going on...
-Static

Nah I dont think it was really, I mean I have symantec antivirus corp edition 10 on there and I always did a weekly scan.

maybe it just developed a few bad sectors and couldnt read. how did they manage to back up all the data for you?

I'm not really sure, I suppose they hooked it up to another computer and just transferred the data? They also did a thorough diagnostic on the drive and didnt find anything wrong with it which is weird.

maybe it is ur ide cables (or whatever cables your drive has) that are a bit dodgy.

Nah I tried replacing the IDE cable and it didnt solve the problem. Only reformatting did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom