S-Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAD LARKIN

Baseband Member
I just built a new computer after much trouble, but I was looking at the things I din't use and I found an S-Video cable and then it dawned on me that I could hook my computer to my tv. (yes i am dum) My monitor is CRAP its an old, OLD 15 Inch one from like a 10 year old compaq. I decided to opt for a 6800 GT instead of a new monitor. So my question is, will playing games on my TV with the s-video be alright? I mean will it dramastically hurt my performance or something?

it wont hurt performance at all, but keep in mind TV's have a much muhc MUCH crappier resolution than monitors. unless its plasma flat panel or soemthing crazy like that. tv's with round glass or even flat glass still look shitty, i ran into the same problem

Well I think I can handle that, I mean anything looks shitty on my monitor as it is, I just wanted to know if it would be bad for my system. Thanks.

TV resolution is like 740 x 480 or something like that with a really slow refresh rate and is interlaced. Unless you have a good hdtv.

well i found that the tv for everyday use is shityy but i found games to be quite alright i couldnt use it for evy day use thought every word is blurry until i oaded games it looked damn good and i dont have an hd tv

thats why pc games look sooo much better than ps2 or xbox games. can you hook a ps2 of xbox up to a monitor by the way? i dont have a console, im just wondering.

So what if I connected my PC to my TV using an RGB cable? Isn't that better video quality?

How about if I used an HDTV DLP TV? Would that be good quality?

yea, you would have a higher resoluition with that tv. arent the connections always s-video to rgb anyway? or are there different ways of connecting to a tv.

wouldnt it be useful if tvs came with a vga port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom