Computer keeps restarting, any idea's guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emz

Beta member
Got a computer, its 14 months old now and until today I've just found out that its outside its warranty period, so I can't get it repared by the manufacture.

The problem I got with it, is after a while, it will just complete click off. What I mean by this is the computer is still turned on, but the monitor goes completely blank and no matter what keys I press, nothing appears on the screen. The only way I can get out of this odd 'mode' is to flick the power switch at the back and start the computer again.

Either the above problem happens, or the computer completely restarts and boots up again.

Any idea's what the problem is?

Hardware wise, I'm not very clued up on it all tbh, any advice much appreciated :)

- Emz

maybe the video card is a bit faulty. if you have another computer try putting that one in and using it (its the board you stick your monitor plug into).
if that doesnt work i'm guessing your monitor, since the actual computer isnt turning off.

damn those productionists and their "as soon as 1 yr warranty ends timers"

Pretty sure it isn't the Monitor, I've tested it on another computer, works fine.

I will try that with the video card later but first...

Is it possible that its a hardrive or power failure problem? That was my first guess, but like I said, I'm not very experienced in the hardware side...

If its not the video card, what could it likely be next?

- Emz

i dont see why it would be the harddrive and if it were a power failure problem i feel like the computer would actually shut off but it may somehow just be affecting the video card, so maybe?
i'd try switching graphic boards first seeing if that works
(btw you have the most recent drivers for it correct? and did you do anyhting before you started to see this happen?)

sheky said:
(btw you have the most recent drivers for it correct? and did you do anyhting before you started to see this happen?)

Yep, i've done no funny installations for the computer to go like this. This has been an ongoing problem and the computer has been in this for state for a short while, but I only managed to find the warranty docs the other day to find out they're not valid :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom