Need Help Choosing The Right Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

cerberus98

Baseband Member
Hi everyone im trying to decide on what sort of video card to buy at the moment im tossing up between the
Leadtek Winfast 256M PX6200TC TDH and the (AU$109)
Leadtek Winfast 256M PX6600 TD Heatsink Edition (AU$219)
and i was wondering if the price difference equats to any marginal performance. If these arent very good cards could someone point me in the direction of a card that gives better than standard performance but at a resonable price (Between AU$100 - AU$200) I cant go PCIE at the moment but i do have agp8X. I was also wondering about the difference in performance in those 2 types of slots as one of my friends said that in the top end cards the difference in perfomance is only miniscule.
Thanks to everyone for there time

ok get the 6600gt editon its nice the 6200 is a older editon you want newer one right and yes the performance from them does change the 6600gt is better and agp - pci-e doesnt make a diff its jsut the type of card.

6600gt is better than 9800/9800 pro. Newer technology. If you can dish up a few more dollars, i would get the 6600gt, its a good bang for the buck.

Thanks everyone for the responses. I think im going to go with the advice most off you have given me and get the 6600gt. Thanks again everyone for the responses

Funny thing i just reliased that is the card i have in my main computer adn i didnt even reliaise it. I actually know its a great card for the price i paid for it and i havent had a problem with it at all.

Everybodys right, look into getting a 6600GT. Fantastic card for the price and actually prices have dropped over the past few months. Can't go wrong with a 6600GT.

As im sitting here reading the posts Im actually thinking of forking out a bit more dough for an deven better card. Can anyone tell me what the model up from the 6600GT is and if it would be worth forking out the extra cash for. I am now thinking of spending maybe (AU$200 - AU$350)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom