HOW TO: Find out what kind of Hardware you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
woot6600GT said:
A noob way to find GPU info is to go to device manager.

And windows doesnt always get your hardware right

If i always got my hardware right, I would have a 1.23 Terabyte drive

I used CPU-Z it told me everything

I just want to say I used CPU-Z and it told me everything about a computer I just bought. Excellent choice for finding out whats inside. You can read more about what CPU-Z told me about the computer I bought at this link http://www.techist.com/showthre...15&pagenumber=1

Also I want to say that CPU-Z helped but I wouldnt have known if it hadnt been for these forums and the members here. Everyone here has been a great help throughout this headache of mine.

Note on Everest and Belarc

Everest, from lavalys.com and belarc from belarc.com are great diagnostic and troubleshooting programs.

Ive used for both for a number of years and they have always helped me get new drivers or find out what a part is. Everest can also do benchmarks.

Hmm, ok...the 3 easiest ways I know of, which you guys kind of touched on:

1- Start > Run > "dxdiag" (without the quotes). Press Enter, let it run the test, then save the file and upload the .txt file here.

2- Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > "System Information". That'll tell you virtually everything you want to know.

3- Right-click My Computer, choose Properties. Click the hardware tab. Click Device Manager. Voila.

:D

what program is ever going to be 100% accurate, i tghought sisoftware was supposed be the greatest and latest but it was totally inaccuratetelling me i had 5 memory banks and 2 cpu's and such.....

jaksback said:
what program is ever going to be 100% accurate, i tghought sisoftware was supposed be the greatest and latest but it was totally inaccuratetelling me i had 5 memory banks and 2 cpu's and such.....
What's wrong with using my method #2? That's 100% accurate and always will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom