Msi 6600gt Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaderpro

Fully Optimized
Ok, newbie here to overclocking. I'm gonna try my video card first. My MSI 6600GT has a "MSI CLOCK" under "DISPLAY PROPERTIES". When I adjust the sliders to 540 and 1100, hit apply, they go back to default (500/1000) after a system reboot. Is there anyway to keep it at these settings without a third party program?
I have installed and tried Powerstrip, but i get an annoying, "tips" screen on reboot with the non-registerd version.
Any help much appreciated.

i have msi too, and that happens to me as well.. i gues you need a third party program... :confused:

What is yours clocked at pcboy? And what temps are u getting? I was getting 84 degrees (checked by hittin alt/tab) while playing MOH/ Pacific Assault, so I cranked it back to default and still got 77 degrees. Not sure if these temps ok...

Try RivaTuner, that's considered to be pretty much the best overclocking program for graphics cards.

As for those temperatures, it should be OK as long as you don't go into the 90's.

Why are you using MSI drivers and not nvidia drivers?

I recomend the nvidia drivers from nvidia.com for your graphics card, and the overclocking settings will stay

Yeah, i tried Rivatuner and i like it, better for monitoring temps..thanks all.

I use nvidia drivers, 77.72....i have a msi card, maybe i'm missin something Dj..

I think "MSI clock" is a built in overclocking feature that msi cards have that others 6600gt brands don't.

www.guru3d.com

download coolbits (or is it coolbits2...forgot)

it's better for unexperienced overclockers, because it auto-OC's for you

btw, you gotta check "save settings at startup" or w/e that box is called

oh, and 77 and 84 C are decent load temperature..nothing wrong with that

Thanks Dj and Diablo...i will try this coolbits. Everything is staying set now after reboot. Cuurently at 545/1100. And I guess my temps are ok, and i'm not noticing any issues. Except my cpu fan goes very fast when playin bf2, was 4400 rpm and vibrating my entire case...i'm guessin this is not good...i'm going to clean out the dust this week, maybe that'll help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom