What will Intel do when......

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc_boy

Daemon Poster
Ok, since you all know it's the end of "the gigahertz war", and both Intel is gonna start focusing more on architecture than frequency (eg. 3.8GHZ intel is crap, and the 2.8 and 3.2GHZ are outperforming it) I wonder how are they gonna convince the ppl, who are still looking at "GHZ", that "this chip is better than that". AMD is alredy naming them 3200+ for example, but what's intel gonna do?

man that is a good question.Well may be with some sleek ad campain and lies.Or they can make some new cpu mesurment sceme instead of ghz they make up their own mesument system.Also they could be like 4.2ghz cpu*
*proccessor equivalent to a 4.2ghz

that is what I've always thought, Intel is backed into a corner right now and although their newer Pentium M architechture is good, it opens to market more to AMD since people will (hopefully) start to realize there are more to cores than clockspeeds

They have already started a solution for such a thing. THey use 3-number codes to describe their CPUs rather than just using GHz.

its all AMD boys and girls no one talks about intel anymore i dont no why. before they were the market leader am i right

When it comes to market share, AMD can't even hold the pencil that Intel writes with. The market is divided like 80% intel - 20% AMD. Regardless of what we all think of AMD's 64 processors. Until AMD wins it's case in court. This will remain the sad truth.

Intel has some damn good products and AMD has some damn good products. But, one of these companies has much larger pockets. Can you guess which one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom