Lost XP CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrattyBrandy

Solid State Member
Windows XP came on my computer when I bought it from Dell. But I seem to have lost my CD. I have looked all over my apartment for the dang thing and can't find it. My computer is so junked up that I need to wipe the hard drive clean and do a fresh install of XP. Is there anything I can do to get a new CD? Or am I just SOL? I was wondering if there is any way to get a replacement copy of the CD from Windows or something ..... I don't know ... just asking.

Thanks.

Nope sorry I don't think so but your best bet is to get the serial number of your certificate of authenticity if you bought your PC and beg for a new one.

Yeah. I'm sure I will get a lot of help out of them :) *lol* I actually still have my product key, I just can't find my CD.

If I know someone that has XP, can they just burn it for me? B/c I have my own product code. Would that work??

How is that piracy? B/c I am not using thier product key. I am using my own. The individual CD is not linked to their key is it?

I thought the CD was just a general CD ..... and I have my own legitimate CD KEY ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom