Video Card/Monitor port help

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDfan1711

Solid State Member
I recently purchased an ATI All In Wonder 9600XT video card. On ATI's website it says it supports Dual VGA and/or DVI displays.

My card came with a DVI-to-VGA adapter, however, the port on the back of the card does not fit the adapter. It does not seem like a VGA or DVI port because it's much more squareish.

Here's a picture of my card and the unknown port:

aiw9600xt_board.jpg

I was hoping someone here would be able to identify it so I can go to a place that sells the adapter and buy it (maybe like Circuit City or Radio Shack, places like that)

Someone told me it might be this cable that I am lacking:

ati-dongle1.jpg

Can someone confirm if that is indeed the cable for that port? If so, can someone also tell me the proper name for it so I can look up where to buy one?

Thanks in advance, much appreciated!

That is what you call a breakout cable, just try asking for a breakout cable for a 9600XT

The outputs are all provided via this adapter cable that splits into two VGA outputs, composite and s-video outputs, and audio output cables used to get audio passed through the All-in-Wonder to your sound card. So now you can enjoy the same flexibility of dual-display support offered by ATi's Hydravision using an All-in-Wonder.

Did you get a refurb card?

well ur gonna definitly need something of that sort. did u get the card oem or something cause it should have came with that exact cable and also should come with a remote and all that shit

I did get it on newegg, but not that one. Mine was indeed refurbished like DJ Chris suggested. I bought cables seperately on eBay, but those cables on included the audio/video input/output jacks, along with an S-Video cable and the DVI-VGA adapter. So in essence I am missing the remote (I can live without that for now) and this new cable that I apparently cannot live without.

Can you possibly give me direct links to places that would sell them? I checked eBay again but no dice. =/

I searched for "breakout cable" on eBay and I got a few results, but most of them have something to do with HDTV, which is not what I want. The TV I plan on using doesn't support High Def.

I found this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5788806776&category=64631&rd=1#picture

Here's a picture of it:

21030.jpg

I don't want to buy it yet though because I can't see the other end of it. I know it has the VGA plug and the 5 cords, but it is the OTHER end I want to see. Is this the cable that is square-ish on the other side that would connect into that port on my video card pictured above? Thanks again.

yea well i would call maybe ati or something and ask for technical support and see if u can get ur hands on one cause they would know where to get it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom