Looking for a miracle~!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowyote

Beta member
I've done bad, bad things~!!!
I've updated to a MSI K7N2 Delta - L Motherboard, AMD Athlon 2.2
and tried to put my ATI Radeon 8500DV in but came up a with a "Stop Error". I've tried changing and updating video driver but no help. That's not my major problem though, Out of frustration, lack of sleep or just plain stupidity I diabled the video adapter (VGAsave) and now whenever I try to startup i get no video. I hear the regular startup sounds, just can't see anything. When it starts up it starts with a Scan disk then starts up but the screen stays on the scan disk results. Is there a way to enable the video adapter from DOS? Safe Mode doesn't work, "Last Known Config." doesn't work, using a boot disk to get to the DOS prompt is the only action it seems I have. I'd like to explore all options before reformatting the hard drive. I have very important files I need to recover before taking that step.
Thanks for any help you can provide.

first of all just retrieve the data from the HDD before you attempt any thing else but making it a slave harddisk to another computer

then we can try number of things and you did not mention the operating system so i must assume it is having windows xp

Been there done that. The only thing that worked for me was hitting F8 during the boot up. Choose the one that says something about the last good setup. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. You may have to try more than once.

BTW, when you put installed the motherboard, did you also install the motherboard drivers after you installed the OS? Can't take credit for it. See the following link
http://www.subwolf.org/v2/articles.php?article=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom