Msi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I share the opinion of hercules_opw.

I have had the MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum SLI for about 3 months and couldn't be more satisfied. It isn't the greatest overclocking board because of its limited options, but its auto-overclocking system is incredibly easy to use and very reliable.

Even if you plan to get a DFI board for overclocking, you still have to know what you are doing. It isn't as simple as selecting "level 3" as the MSI is.

Unless you're a big overclocking guy and know a ton about it, the MSI would be your best bet for simplicity.

Yeah I have the msi k8n neo4 platinum ultra, and it's served me quite well, I've had no problems.

However, for the sake of the argument, and the fact that in your first post you said you heard it was 'easy to burn', that probably means you're going to be overclocking. And DFI's mobo is better for the hardcore overclocker because it has many more options and lets you take the voltage higher on the RAM(all the way up to 4 volts; I think my board can only go up to 2.85).

Yeah, I know it's a nice board, and I have made my mind up...Ultra-D. Because of its OCing capabilities.

can you give some reasons?
  • 100% Japanese capacitators for stability
  • Up to 4v vDIMM option
  • Built in memtest86+
  • Included Microsinks on MOSFETS
  • CMOS reloaded
  • Full memory latency options via BIOS

I really could go on and on and on and on...

gaara said:
  • 100% Japanese capacitators for stability
  • Up to 4v vDIMM option
  • Built in memtest86+
  • Included Microsinks on MOSFETS
  • CMOS reloaded
  • Full memory latency options via BIOS

I really could go on and on and on and on...

Thank you for your insight! :)

Umm yes it does.... If the brand didnt matter then why you get a Sony optical drive? There more expensive than LG and lite on and dont tell me you cant find either of them drives.......

Anyways here is how i see it
DFI = Hardcore overclockers and people who want the best of the best, BIOS has all the options you could ever want to change but makes it more complexe and harder for a beginnger.
MSI = Moderate overclocking with a very stable board that can possibly go farther if it had more options in the BIOS, but is good for begginers because of its simpler BIOS and less options to mess with. But with the preset overclocking (DOT) you can't go above a 13% overclock and that overclocks everything that can be overclocked. It can go above 13% if you do it all manualy.

Thats how i see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom